Have you ever wished that a big YA book tour would make a stop in your hometown? Well, here’s your chance for that wish to come true! YA2U is a program that features five award-winning and best-selling authors who are holding a contest to see what city they should visit in an exclusive tour stop!
The authors are collecting votes from January 1 to February 15, and any city in the continental US or any Canadian city that has an international airport can win an exclusive visit from all five authors, including an author panel and book signing! Entering is super easy–and if you help spread the word about the contest, you can also enter win a signed copy of all of their books (TEN signed books in total!)–and the book contest is open internationally!
The authors in the program are:
- Marie Lu, the New York Times best-selling author of Legend and the upcoming Prodigy
- Marissa Meyer, the New York Times best-selling author of Cinder and the upcoming Scarlet
- Beth Revis, the New York Times best-selling author of Across the Universe, A Million Suns, and the upcoming Shades of Earth
- Victoria Schwab, author of The Near Witch and the highly-anticipated upcoming The Archived
- Megan Shepherd, author of the debut novel The Madman’s Daughter
And they want to have an event in your home town! To participate, just got to the YA2U website and let them know what city you want them to come to. And while you’re there, help spread the word about the contest and you can be entered to win all of their books–TEN signed books in total!
Here’s why the YA2U Team should come to MY hometown!
Why should the YA2U crew come to Avon, Connecticut? Let me count the ways…
- Connecticut is home to the infamous Leatherman, and that’s just plain awesome.
- Connecticut is also home to the oldest public library in the United States.
- Noah Webster was born in West Hartford, Connecticut in 1758.
- In Hartford, the state’s Capitol, it is illegal to cross the street while walking on your hands.
- Mark Twain died in Redding, Connecticut and his home in Hartford Connecticut has been restored and turned into a pretty awesome museum.
These are all reasons why the YA2U crew should come to Connecticut in general so really, my final reason is in support of the town of Avon, Connecticut:
- We have a newly expanded, renovated, and absolutely gorgeous library in Avon, and we are lucky enough to have a pretty phenomenal room dedicated specifically to our teen readers!
The Leatherman! He swung by us here in Westchester too. Wow, that guy walked a BIG loop.