Wow. Round eleven of #OTSPSECRETSISTER!!
For those of you who have been around for a while, this is gonna be like the same post as always…but it’s still important! The biggest change for this round is that due to the awesomeness of Brittany’s candle shop, she will not be a host this round. Myself and Amy are your two hosts.
Let’s first get some housekeeping things out of the way…
The two most important things to do when signing up to be a part of this project are:
- Head over to the google form which coincides with your monetary tier and fill it out in full. NOTE: If you forget to do this then we cannot pair you, it is what we use to do all of our pairings.
- BEFORE scrolling down to the questions, and BEFORE signing up to be a part of this project please thoroughly read our FAQ and Rules post. Memorize the rules and refer back to it throughout the project to make things easier for everyone.
Just to cover all of our bases let me reiterate a few things, but please keep in mind that this is just a basic glossing over of these rules, we go more in detail and clarify everything in the main post that we are asking you to read.
First, please remember that this is a commitment. By signing up to be a secret sister you are promising to send at least one small card AND gift to your secret sister a month depending on the “monetary group” for which you sign up. Those in the pen pal tier are not expected to send gifts, that is strictly letters/cards AND you will NOT keep your identity secret if you are ONLY in the pen pal tier. Those in monetary tiers: you are also asked to send letters and or/postcards to foster positive communication IN ADDITION to packages. Please remember: this is not a subscription box. It is not about the gifts. It’s is about the connections you are making!
Last thing, sign-ups run from July 13 to midnight on August 23! As we are pushing this round forward a month, the round will run from September THROUGH February.
NOTE FOR INTERNATIONAL PARTICIPANTS: Due to time zone differences and issues in the past with late questionnaires, etc. we are only able to give you until August 16 to sign up for round 11 of The Secret Sister Project. We have had very few people sign up for international…if we do not have enough, we will not be able to offer it internationally. More details on how to sign up as an international participant below.
- You must “know” one of the hosts in order to join! (Just say hi to us, thanks!)
- You must be 18 or older to participate in The Secret Sister Project
- You must actively use the hashtag (to thank your sister, etc.) #OTSPSecretSister during your time participating in The Secret Sister Project.
- If we have to reach out to you more than once to ask if you why your sister hasn’t yet received anything then you will be asked to cease in participating.
- If we contact you and ask if you sent something to your sister and you say yes but are unable to provide tracking for the package then you will be asked to cease in participating.
- If you have not received anything by the end of the month then YOU must contact US.
- If for any reason you find that you have to drop out of this project, please email us immediately.
- You will be asked to provide the name and contact info (email addresses, please) of a “buddy” who will be willing to answer questions put forth by your sister. We are asking that you keep this to someone who is in the community and therefore will be easy to contact. Husbands/moms/sisters are not easy to contact.
- Below, you will be asked to provide a Goodreads or Amazon wish list with 20 or more books including newer and older titles that is specific to The Secret Sister Project. *Do not share this list with anyone else!
- You must answer ALL of the questions put forth in the sign-up email as well as be detailed and thorough.
- Keep in mind that there is strong emphasis on the pen pal aspect. Meaning that if you have signed up for one of the higher price ranges, you should still send a letters to your sister.
- Do not tweet or use the hashtag to ask for specific and/or luxurious items.
- Do not tweet negativity while using the hashtag
- Do not send swag
- Pay attention to your sister’s likes/dislikes and wishlists
- ARCs and shipping do not count toward your monetary limit
- Do not send packages directly from Amazon without speaking to your point person first
Please read and re-read our FAQ and Rules post and remember that we are here for you. Do not hesitate to reach out to use if needed, we want to help you and can’t unless we know what is happening! This all probably seems like a lot – but please keep in mind that we sometimes have up to 200 participants at any given time and we ask you to follow these guidelines to make things easier on us as we all share in this community.
Okay, now we can move on to the fun stuff!
So how do I sign up?
It’s easy! Just answer every question in the questionnaire below and email it over to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on August 23! ALSO In addition to the questionnaire, you will also be asked to answer a few questions for a Google form. PLEASE NOTE: If you do not fill out BOTH of these things in full, then you will NOT be paired. This is what we will be using to pair you, so do not forget!
For those of you wishing to join the Pen Pal Tier ONLY: please still fill out the questionnaire in full with the exception of your wish lists. The questions will be a good way for us to pair you up with someone, and for your pen pal to get to know you. REMEMBER: Your identity is not to be kept secret from your pen pal.
International participants: Please use this Google form to sign up instead of one coinciding with the tiers. There will be a place for you to fill out your preference of which tier you would like to belong but we can not guarantee this. Due to international participation being low, we may have to put you all into the same tier, or may not be able to include international participants this round. Please remember that you have until midnight on August 16 to sign up as an international participant.
Here we go!
Is the above address a residence/PO Box/Condo/place of employment: (*As in, will your mail get to you when the tracking says delivered, or will you need to wait to get to the mailbox/mailroom?)
Did you participate in one of the prior rounds of the Secret Sister Project? If yes, which round?
If yes, please provide us with the names of your former sisters (those you gave to, and received from – it is okay if you don’t yet know who is sending to you this round):
How much are you willing to contribute to the project monthly? Choose one (NOTE: this is just a range, you can of course go over the limit but please keep the pen pal aspect in mind, and please remember that is about cheer and not just gifts.) REMINDER: International participants are to fill out THIS google form only, do not fill out one provided below.
- Pen pals: That’s right, this is strictly letters and cards. No trinkets, no extras, nothing besides letters. If you want to send ANYTHING more than a letter or a card every month then we ask that you sign up for one of the higher monetary tiers. NOTE: YES you may sign up for a pen pal tier and a monetary tier. Ensure that you fill out a google form for BOTH. *IF YOU ARE CHOOSING THE PEN PAL TIER THEN CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT YOUR GOOGLE FORM
- $5-$10: (Send a heartfelt letter to catch your sister up on how things are going that month and then send an e-book, baked goods, homemade bookmark or other DIY project, or how about a movie night box with a DVD (thanks to the $5 bin at Walmart) and some candy for a movie night!) *IF YOU ARE CHOOSING THE $5-$10 TIER THEN CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT YOUR GOOGLE FORM.
- $15-$20 (Any of the possibilities listed above and perhaps a newer hardcover from your sister’s wish-list, some fun socks, fandom tshirt, themed box, get creative!!) *IF YOU ARE CHOOSING THE $15-$20 TIER THEN CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT YOUR GOOGLE FORM
- $25+ (The sky’s the limit here, we just ask that you remember to reign it in a bit and remember the goal of this project is for cheer, and joy and forging positive relationships, not excessive gifts. Send those heartfelt letters!!) *IF YOU ARE CHOOSING THE $25+ TIER THEN CLICK HERE TO FILL OUT YOUR GOOGLE FORM
Your OTSPSecretSister “buddy’s” Twitter or email: (*We are asking that you keep this to someone who is in the community and therefore will be easy to contact. Husbands/moms/sisters are not easy to contact.)
Goodreads Profile (*so that they can access your wishlists! Make sure to turn off the privacy setting & try and keep it updated!):
Goodreads/Amazon bookish wishlist: (*must have at least 20 titles of older and newer titles, please try not to purchase any books off of this wishlist and if you do please let your sister know via your buddy or one of us. Do not give anyone else access to this list. Not parents, husbands, friends, co-workers, secret santas…etc. If you do not want to share a wishlist by making it public, you may list the books here instead.)
“Other” wishlist: (*Keep these within reason for prices, etc! Please do not include pricey things, this is more for places like Etsy or for cheap DVDs on Amazon, and so on!)
Important Dates to Remember (*This can be anything and everything! Your birthday, the day you are expecting your baby, the day you are leaving for your next vacation, your anniversary with your partner, a big test you have coming up, the first day at your new job, the anniversary of the day you quit smoking, even a sad anniversary on which you would need some cheer!):
Your favorite items under $5: (things like stationary, nail polish, fav candy etc.)
Your Likes (*Give us an array of things here! Types of snacks, TV shows, movies, bands/types of music, art):
Your Dislikes (*Example: chocolate covered cherries, anything cinnamon flavored, the color brown):
Do you have a favorite store?:
Are you okay receiving a gift card? If so, to where?
Would you be comfortable receiving baked goods of some kind?
What Do You Splurge On?:
Favorite (or least favorite) smells: (*for things such as candles, soaps, bath bombs/bubbles, perfumes)
Do You Collect Anything?:
Do You Drink Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate?:
Do You Have an E-reader?:
Would you be okay being gifted an ebook? If so, please provide the email associated with your e-reader:
List some of your favorite genres or authors:
Are there any authors or genres that you won’t read?
Favorite Disney movie and/or princess:
Any magazine that you wish you had a subscription to?
Anything else we should know about you? (*Be thorough here! There is no such thing as “saying too much,” the more your “secret sister” knows, the easier it is to spoil you!)
Third and final reminder that you MUST also fill out a google spreadsheet which coincides with your monetary tier. Links can be found above.
As always, please remember that you can always reach out to us with any inquiries or issues, that is what we are here for! Especially reach out to us if you have not received anything by the first of the month. We want to keep everyone active and honest! Use the #OTSPSecretSister hashtag to talk with us and your fellow sisters, the best part about this project is the community. Thank you for helping us continue to spread positive vibes and cheer throughout our community!